QWISO (Quick-Wash ISOpropyl) is a simple method to produce a cannabis extract. The principle is to separate the active substances of the plant from the plant material. The active ingredients are alcohol-soluble and can be easily separated from the plant material with a little time.
What you need
Flowers, at least 4 grams of it, but the more the better (7-10 grams are optimal). / Trim leftovers at least half a jar.
A Coffee filter (unbleached).
Isopropyl alcohol - the purer, the better, 95 - 99% recommended (this is not for consumption!). You need about 100 - 200 ml of it per 10 grams of flowers.
A screen (for filtering plant material).
A baking dish made of glass or porcelain.
A small jar as well as a large jar
A small razor blade to scrape the extract.
Optional, but highly recommended; A simple air blower (fan).
Make sure that all tools and vessels are clean and dry.
Fill your flowers in the small jar.
Place the small jar and the alcohol in the freezer for at least 3 hours. (The alcohol freezes only from -89 ° C)
Place a coffee filter over the large jar and secure it there. (With a rubber band or string)
- Pour the alcohol into the small jar until the entire cannabis is covered.
- Close the lid and shake the jar vigorously for exactly 30 seconds.
- Filter everything through a sieve and a coffee filter. You can squeeze out the material in the screen to speed up the process. (The filtering will still take 20-60 minutes.)
- Rinse the jar with some new alcohol and filter it through the coffee filter.
- When everything has passed through the filter, pour the liquid into the baking dish.
- Rinse the jar again with some alcohol and then pour it into the baking dish.
- Place the baking dish in a well-ventilated place (garage, balcony ...) and if you have a fan, let it blow at the lowest level on the liquid.
- The alcohol evaporates and the extract remains in the baking dish. This takes about 12-24 hours.
- The extract is ready when absolutely any liquid has evaporated in the baking dish.
- Use a razor blade or similar to remove the extract from the baking dish and fill it in a container to store it.
When alcohol evaporates and mixes with air, it becomes highly flammable and may explode, so good air exchange must be provided. Therefore, you should place it in a large and/or well-ventilated room and use a fan to get the air moving.